Burn Permits logo

Southwold Township Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Southwold Township Online Open Burn Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create a new account and register for your first permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information

Materials to be burned Please list materials

Login Details

Select Address:

No Active Addresses!

Add an address to get started.

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Upload Photos for Permit  (Optional)

Please upload photos, if available, of the burning site and what you intend to burn.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature Of

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Toll-free: 1-833-796-0339

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a Burn Permit?

Only residents living in approved areas can obtain a permit. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How can I obtain a Burn Permit?

You may register online using this website. Residents without internet access may apply for a permit through the Township office at (519) 769-2010.

May I have a burn barrel?

Yes, if you are in a non-built up area and the barrel is a safe distance from all buildings and only paper products are burned. No permit required.

Do I need a permit for a campfire?

No. Burning for the purpose of cooking or providing heat is allowed in all areas of Southwold; however, this must be done away from all buildings and in a small contained area no larger than one metre. This fire must be attended at all times by a competent adult with sufficient fire suppression/extinguishing equipment and water readily available. Items to be burned should be clean and dry firewood only. Smoke must not cause a nuisance to any neighbours.


There is no cost for a burn permit.


Burn Permits will not be issued for the built-up areas of Fingal, Shedden, Iona, Iona Station, Talbotville and Ferndale, unless the property is adjacent to an open field or area, at the discretion of the Fire Chief.